.. If they don't like what you bring to the table, let them eat alone...

Wednesday, 20 September 2017

Artist Book

I put this little artist book together in order to try out some new ideas and or techniques, just 3 pages folded in half and stitched together.

Really enjoying playing with black and white photo's, this one I printed onto some kraft card. I used a section in another project so had this left.

The page on the left I had painted with some black with a wash of cream acrylic paint, just wanted to see if was any good with the photo. The pinks on the picture are part of a test to try different coloring mediums. I like the fact that the picture is cut across 2 pages, not so keen on seeing the stitching..

Monday, 18 September 2017

AALL and Create The Grand Final.

It is the final week of the AALL and Create challenges, and I have come up with this..

I started with a free hand circle and cut it out, painted with black and red acrylic paints.

After this was dry, I added some texture paste and some crackle paint.

I continued to add white paint, dry brushed different strengths of white.

I cut open an opening before backing onto another piece of card. I cut my circle into 4 sections and rejoined using wire, sewing, lace and some builders gauze. I added the word PEACE in Telugu, a language native to India.

Great fun, looking forward to 2018 challenges!!!

Here is the link.

Sunday, 17 September 2017

Paper Collage.

I have been investigating and playing with Paper collage. There is something magical about black and whit photographs along with cream or Kraft cardstock.

I removed the faces of the subjects, and after some play, I found that a white pastel pencil was effective against the printed picture.

All of the other elements are from previous projects. I love this style of collage, brings me a lot of joy!!

I made a little stamp of a B from a piece of foamy packaging, takes Versafine Ink really well.

Saturday, 16 September 2017

New Stencils by Debs Wainwright- Part 3.

Here is another make from the new range of stencils by Debs Wainwright. They can be found here.

I really enjoyed making this one, really simple but very effective. I sprinkled on the 'reverse' of the stencil some Paperartsy infusions pigment powders in Blackcurrant. Spritzed on some water and placed onto some watercolour card. I love this effect, just shows how versatile stencils are!!

This is the range..

Thursday, 14 September 2017

Concertina Artist Book

I have been having a play again with an accordion/artist book. 

I wanted to try a different format, so came up with this idea. The subject is actually a play with the new Distress Oxides in Faded Jeans and Fired Brick. I also wanted to try different tying up method, so I have used head pins!!

Probably need to tidy up the pins so they are more round, but it seems to work, and the pages move fairly easily.

Monday, 11 September 2017

AALL and Create Challenge 5 The Americas

Here is the link to the challenge.

My project for this challenge started with some black and white pictures of the fab architecture on Wall Street, I cut these up and made a collage 'river'. The sheet music again was collaged on Serif.

I was really pleased how the greens worked out, they formed the amazon rainforest. A mixture of Paperartsy Fresco Chalk Paints in Inky Pool, Banana, Beach Hut and Zesty Zing. I also added some Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio and twisted Citron Crayon.

The acetate being the top layer worked out really well, thank fully I had a green glass writer!!

Made some holes and backstitched some green thread, pleased of the outcome.

Friday, 8 September 2017

New Stencil Range by Debs Wainwright Part 2

Here is another make from the new range of stencils by Debs Wainwright. All the stencils are available here.

This is the fab range.

I had great fun using the skeleton face, I inked through some Distress Ink onto kraft card. It was easy to cut out the eye. Printed of some capital and small I's and all glued into place.

Any stencil bought from the Etsy store during September will go into a draw to with the whole set. Look out for the number inside.