.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Mixed Media Canvas Board..

I have been playing with calico fabric and using my stamps, and have come up with this...

I started with a canvas board and painted with some cream acrylic paint. With some Gesso, I went round the outside of the frame and heat set. This created some lovely textures and bubbles!!

I stencilled the love onto some calico and stamped a heart shape on the o.

The images where glued onto 3 pieces of fabric, and then glued onto the board.

I love all of the depth and textures!!

Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Spring Celebration !!!

Spring is well under way here in Bulgaria. It is a real joy to see everything coming alive after the Winter.

Spring signifies to me early bulbs, daffs and tulips.

So, as a 'celebration', I have made this..

I pained a section of scrap wood with white gesso to add a base.

Using 2 micron pens, I traced around the daffodil onto some tissue paper.

I then glued into position with some Modge Podge.

The colour was created by flicking IndigoBlu cottage paint in Banana Custard. At the moment we have Cheerfulness daffs out in the garden, these have orange centres, so I added some Brusho's in Gamboge. I then spritzed with a little water to mix.

I would like to enter this in the current challenge of Spring over at Country View Challenges

Monday, 11 April 2016

Modroc Sculpture

I have been working on a Modroc sculpture and came up with this creation.

I started with some wire and made the armature, this is the first time I have done this and gained some inspiration from YouTube.

I wrapped some kitchen foil around the wire and wrapped a few layers of Modroc.

After this was dry I painted using my new Pebeo Dyna paint in Iridescent gold. I found this piece of wood and glued it in place.

I painted the wood with some grey chalk paint and highlighted in places with lighter grey...

Tuesday, 5 April 2016


Over on the Paperartsy blog this time the topic is Resists, so came up with this project.

I started with some reclaimed wood and glued on 3 microscope slides. In my haste though they did'nt all stick, must have more patience!!

Using Alcohol Inks in Wild Plum, Raisin and Raspberry, I applied to the microscope slides. When this was dry, I stamped using my Paperartsy mini circle stamp with archival ink. 

You have to act quickly and gently wipe away the archival ink, and it removes the alcohol ink.

Looks really effective on a white background.

Great fun...