.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

PaperArtsy Challenge...

This is my creation for the PaperArtsy challenge this week.
I have never tried out the peeled paint technique using acrylic paints before and was so inspired by Leisbeth's project.

So I painted a piece of board with Eco Crafts Acrylic paint in Lake, Clam Shell and New Grass. When this had dried I stamped some musical elements onto the board.

Using my fingers I applied some Vaseline to areas of the stamped images, when this had dried I painted the project all over with New Grass.

When this was dry I rubbed away where I had placed the Vaseline, really pleased with the result. I cut out 3 circles in different sizes and embossed these with a musical score embossing folder.

I painted these with the same brand of paint in Old Gold and rubbed some New Grass to highlight the embossing.

The figure was the result of playing with some Martha Stewart Paperclay and a mould that I had made. I painted this with the Old Gold and highlighted with New Grass.

I stamped some musical notes with Memento Ink in Bamboo leaves, and also embossed with some gold embossing powder.

I finished off with a metal nib.

I was really pleased with the result, and would like to thank Liesbeth for the inspiration, and for sharing the wonderful creation. I will be trying out this technique again!!

Sunday, 13 July 2014

Stencil It...

This is my creation for the Country View Crafts challenge month, the theme is Stencil It.

I have wanted in incorporate fabric into my crafting, so with a small piece of calico I sprayed with Dylusions Ink Spray in Cut Grass and Orange. After this had dried I placed my Crafters Workshop stencil called Circles onto the fabric and sprayed through Black.

To keep the circular theme going, I then applied Texture paste through a Memory Box stencil called Rings and Puddles.

I was really pleased with the result as this was the first time I have used fabric!!

I stamped the crown and lion and cut them out and wrote the lettering, the word different was from my Brother lettering machine.

I found some old packaging that I have been saving to back the fabric onto. I made my own stencil using a bit of scrap card, I drew some squares and rectangles and cut them using a craft knife.

Using eco green crafts acrylic paint in Periwinkle and Lake and a piece of phat foam applied to the backing.

The embellishment is from Creative Expressions that I painted with the Lake acrylic paint, I cut 3 dragonfiles and glues them onto the key.

Great fun...