.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Saturday 21 November 2015

Experimenting with dimention

I have made this for this fortnight's challenge at Paperartsy, being Abstract.

http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2015/11/2015-topic-21-abstract-art-challenge.html

I started with a watercolour board and covered with an old dictionary page. I then randomly added colour with Fresco Chalk paints in Beach Hut and Mermaid.

After this was dry I splatted some watered down gesso and gold acrylic paint.

I was inspired by the work of Belinda Firman using 'pods' of circles and squares. Most of my work is flat so I wanted to experiment with some dimention.

I recently made some plaster figures and had some left over, so I poued small mounds onto my glass mat. After they were dry I mixed up some mica powder with modge podge and painted all of the mounds and glued them onto the board.

I then mixed up some black mica with modge podge and created frames around the mounds. With some Brass Eco Friendly acrylic paint I dipped one side of a spritzer bottle top and created half circles around the mounds.


Really pleased with the end result and enjoyed the experimenting. Great thing about these boards I can move them around the home in different locations!!

Hope you enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment