.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Monday 1 August 2016

Colour Mixing with Fresco Chalk Paints...

PaperArtsy have a great challenge this fortnight, Colour Mixing. I was inspired by Darcy and the informative post.

This is my creation...



I have never mixed any of my Fresco Chalk Paints to make different colours, so on a glass mat I stated with a blob of Bouganvilla, Beach Hut and Caribbean Sea. 



With a painting knife, I just mixed Bouganvilla and Beach Hut.



I sprayed water on the mat and dragged some cardstock through it, There was enough paint to do 3 masterboards to play with.



On some seperate card, I stamped the image from Ink and The Dog Letters Plate 5 with Versafine Deep Lagoon. I like mark making, so one of my cockerals left a feather near the gate. I dipped this into a small blob of Caribbean Sea and drew some circles.



With a small amount of Beach Hut that was watered down, I brayered this over the image.



I cut to various lengths some reclaimed wood, cut out sections and glued into place.



All of the pieces were then glued together.



I decided only to decorate the front of each piece as I did'nt want to loose the effect of the wood. Really enjoyed colour mixing, will try again!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely dimensional piece and the mixed colours look lovely together. I mix my Frescos all the time, I haven't got the space for many bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Bryan, great idea to use the blocks. Love the simplicity of the art and its interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! great mix of colours nd the results are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea¬ And I have never made that purple either but its awesome! Love your layers of these onto reclaimed wood too! ~Leandra

    ReplyDelete