.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Saturday 8 September 2018

Artist Trading Coins.

This fortnight the topic over on the Paper Artsy blog is  Artist Trading Coins. I was inspired to make this hanging by Helen Chilton.


When I saw Helen's project, it made me think of falling leaves as it is the season!!. Some texture paste applied with my fingers onto  some grey board..


My coins are several pieces of rice paper that I dyed with Paper Artsy Infusions in Rusty  Car.


The leaves are from the pear tree, the fruits are now ripening and I have been enjoying a pear every day!!. I painted them with some Paper Artsy Fresco Chalk Paint in Caribbean Sea.


The board was painted with an undercoat of Fresco Chalk paint in Cheesecake and a watery mix of Slate. I secured the leaf to the coins with a reverse chain stitch.


Great fun, don't forget to check out the blog!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Bryan! Love those leaves - brilliant idea! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful Bryan, I love your chain stitching, it's been many (many) years since I did any embroidery stitching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interpretation! Love the colours you've used too.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent project Bryan! There are a lot of techniques in a few elements here and the end result is very pleasing to look at. Lucky you to have a pear tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is amazing Bryan!! Love your imagination and the creation. xx

    ReplyDelete