.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Saturday 8 June 2019

Craftascope Large Rose Petal Mini Book.

When I saw these Large Rose Petal dies from Craftascope, I thought they would make a cool Mini Book.


I used the largest die to make my covers from some board from a Please Do Not Bend envelope. Love to recycle!!


I am exploring earthy colours, so painted with layers of Amsterdam Acrylic Paints, Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Naples Yellow and Naples Red.


The inside of my covers I cut using the 3rd largest size die some pieces of patterned paper. Black acrylic gave me a nice border.



The pages were cut using the 2nd largest die, I wanted them to be smaller that the covers. Punched a whole and secured with a metal ring so I can add pages. On going project and great fun.


The rose petal dies can be found here


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea! I love those earthy colours you have used, really rich xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab, I so wanted those dies, but just couldn't stretch to them as well. I love your idea and your free style, will def be following from now on. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Bryan, I'm getting really into my mini books at the moment and these look perfect. They must be heavy duty dies to cut through one of these envelopes. Have a great week, Sue x

    ReplyDelete