.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Mixed Media Canvas

Discovered this great blog
http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/

They have a monthly challenge and May is Anything Goes, with a really fab prize for the winner of some box wooden shapes from Fernli designs. WOW!!!

I enjoy canvas art and normally work on 5x7", so this canvas was a big challenge for me being so big.

I first painted with acrylic paints.

Some time ago I purchased the model railway coach that was damaged with a view to altering it. I sponged some acrylic paint and highlighted with Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers. The windows were highlighted with Creative Expressions Guilding wax in purple.

Digital crafting is cool, so I found some images and printed and cut them out. I then added to both the coach and the steam loco.
I used some sepia accents and Pinflair Ice diamonds for the body of the loco and added some Apatite gemstones coming out of the chimney.


No comments:

Post a Comment