.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Summer

Found this great new blog, Mixed Media Card Challenge blog

 So I started with some watercolour card, and created the background using a yellow and 2 blue Derwent Artbars. When this was dry I stamped 2 patches of burlap and created the white circles using a top from an ink spray bottle and some acrylic paint.

With some PVA glue I created the half circles and added some Ranger Distress Glitter in Peacock Feathers. I am not really a glitter person, but really liked the effect.
With a Martha Stewart mould and some paperclay, the leaves were made. The face was created from a mould of a figurine, these were painted with acrylic paints and highlighted with guilding waxes.

The letters are from a Spellbinders alphabet die set.

This was backed onto some purple card and I added some free hand squiggles with a jelly roll pen.

Finally to finish I added 3 purple jems to one of the circles.

Great fun, glad I took part...

No comments:

Post a Comment