.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Monday 4 August 2014

Word Play

 Country View Crafts

This is my entry for August over on the Country View Crafts blog.


The challenge is Word Play. I saw this quote some time ago and wanted to incorporate it within my art.

I started with some chipboard and sprayed using Dylusions ink spray in black. When this was dry I stamped and embossed 3 light bulbs.

I used white and yellow soft pastels around each bulb and blended using a paper stump.

The inside of the bulb I decided to use Daler Rowney thick body acrylic paint in yellow and white. I mixed them using a cocktail stick and applied to the middle of each bulb giving dimention.

The words were hand written using a Zig chalk writer in yellow.

I wanted to add further elements to this, but decided against it as I wanted my eyes only to be drawn towards the bulbs, hopefully to fully understand the words!!

I really enjoyed this challenge, I am sure I am not alone in saying we all have dark times in our lives, and there is always light to be found...

No comments:

Post a Comment