.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Paper Collage Spring Into Action.

Came across the That's Crafty Challenge Blog. This month the challenge is Spring Into Action.





I found some packing materials I have been saving and a book page from a damaged book, aptly called Spring. Daffodils herald the beginnings of the new year for me, everything to look forward to!





The stamp is from Chocolate Baroque, love the line work, reminds me of the old illustrations from old books.

Stitching I find very relaxing and mindful, I used some variegated thread in greens and my favourite lime green thread. Kantha or Boro style running stitch. Love the surface texture that is created with threads.





Distress Oxides in Peeled Paint and Twisted Citron act really well on the packing papers.








Great fun, make some time to join in!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Bryan! I love the Oxides on the paper below-just enough color to marry with the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your collage especially the addition of the stitching too
    Thank you so much for joining us at the That’s Crafty challenge blog
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete